Is a Video Conferencing System Worth the Investment?
Global Custom Integrations offers 4 important benefits to teleconferencing
Whether you have associates who work remotely or business partners in multiple markets, video-conferencing systems from GC Integrations can give your business the necessary capabilities to execute major projects and priorities, allowing you to effectively communicate with anyone anywhere.
With most businesses operating across multiple time zones and national boarders (especially if your HQ is in New York or Connecticut), the right technology is key to staying relevant in today’s global economy. Telecommunications increase productivity and collaboration while reducing travel costs and employee relocation expenses.
What You should Know when Designing a Video Conference System
Whatever the venue – boardroom, conference room, classroom and auditorium – GC Integrations has the in-person video experience solution. With video conferencing systems, additional factors must be considered besides those accompanying traditional presentation environments. Sharing your screen with team members in your local office and remotely requires a variety of solutions such as:
- Camera Positioning - Sight lines and angles of participant interaction must be planned into the design of any system. In many installations, multiple cameras are used to create a balanced view to the room. A camera should be located at the front of the room near the display to mimic the in-person experience for a remote presenter, while a wide angle might also be placed in the back of the room to include a view of a local presenter. In smaller rooms a voice-activated camera can be installed to automatically focus on the speaker.
- Lighting & Décor - To see all participants clearly, hidden floor lighting or wall panels may be used in to supplement traditional ceiling light sources. The room should be evenly lit using indirect lighting to avoid heavy shadowing. To reduce eye strain on video images, neutral shades such as beige, tan and other pale tones work best. To help reduce glare on local screens and camera lenses, finishes on walls and furniture should be non-glossy and muted.
- Networking - Devices like video conferencing systems place increased pressure on networks and require the support of a strong bandwidth. Most networks were never meant to handle the high demands of today’s audio/video components. A well-engineered and secure network is essential to fend off embarrassing data loss hiccups during presentations (such as constant reboots, product failure or unclear images).
- Integrated Control Systems - Installing a video conferencing system is the perfect time to integrate a fully-automated system. Easy to access and operate, intuitive control panels offer limitless functionality. With the quick press of a button you can bring all of your network capabilities into the board or conference room. Boardroom control systems let you control audio, video, projection, lighting, screens, blinds, security and communication, all from one central location.
From our skilled installation services to our all-encompassing skilled project management, Global Custom Integrations will help you build a system that best suits your unique business model. Give us a call today so that we may simplify your surroundings, promote efficiency and productivity and instantly improve your communications.
- Tags: Global Custom Integrations | Home Automation | Home Video Streaming NY | Video Conferencing Connecticut | Video Conferencing NY